FMT is a therapeutic intervention where fecal matter of a healthy donor is transplanted into the GI tract of a patient.
THE PRINCIPLES OF FMT
I recommend you start by watching the following video, where I present:
- The idea behind fecal microbiota transplantation (FMT)
- Science based considerations that help to plan and implement do-it-yourself FMT
- A demonstration of the actual implementation
DO IT YOURSELF FMT STEPS
- Define/design the protocol:
- Define the modalities
- Prepare patient-donor agreement, questionnaire, test criteria (I recommend our own document set, remember to adapt to your case)
- Find a suitable donor:
- Sign agreement
- Blood and stool testing
- Prepare for the therapy according to your protocol:
- Patient equipment, clean colon, reduce intestinal permeability and GI inflammation
- Donor equipment, his/her diet
- Organize patient-donor logistics
- Implement therapy via enema or capsules
- Maintenance phase
HOW YOU CAN PREPARE FMT CAPSULES
FREQUENT QUESTIONS & COMMENTS:
- “I am not sure if I should try FMT“:
- Find a science centered practitioner (functional medicine practitioners are an option).
- or if you are affected by IBS and/or Fibromyalgia and/or CFS and/or an autoimmune disease consider getting in touch with me click here.
- “This is too difficult for me“ or “I am too squeamish“: Find an FMT clinic or get in touch with us if you want to come do FMT in Barcelona.
- “I have unanswered questions, can you help?”: I can try to help you, click here.
- “What clinic do you recommend?”: Our service in Barcelona or the Taymount clinic (www.taymount.com).
- “What resources do you recommend?”: www.thepowerofpoop.com.
- “Does FMT work for my condition?” : We do not consider FMT a treatment to address a specific disease, it is a tool to modulate the intestinal microbiota.